Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cucumber Scenarios - Inventory Project

Currently, I am working on developing a software solution to address issues with inventory at a local non-profit agency. After analyzing their processes and problems, I have gathered their core requirements for the product. To ensure that I have captured the business requirements accurately, I utilized user stories and created a few cucumber scenarios. For those who are not aware of cucumber, it is a tool for running automated acceptance tests written in a behavior driven development style and is written in the Ruby programming language. Cucumber allows a developer to write acceptance tests in customer-understandable user stories.


Utilizing cucumber allowed me to accurately represent their requirements, step through the entire process, and generate a test scenario to test against in one step. I uploaded two of these cucumber features to github, you can view them at the following link :


GitHub Repository for Inventory Project

2 comments: